Professional IT Services
We're an agile team that's ready to tackle your most complex projects and bring them to life. From strategy, design, and development to your ongoing support needs, we'll take care of the whole package.
Outsourcing simply means hiring or working with third-party service providers rather than employing permanent workers to carry out particular tasks. Large and small businesses outsource professional services mainly to increase operational efficiency, cut labor costs, reduce risks, expand their talent pool, and gain a competitive advantage.
Transform your IT environment.
Our Pro Services engagement model is designed to help you get what you need when you need it without the time and commitment of a full-time employee. Every engagement includes comprehensive training, access to our team's knowledge and experience, and a dedicated account manager.
Stop wondering how to proceed when you need IT expertise. Get the guidance and freedom to decide when you require Pro Services without any commitment to ongoing support. Allowing you to take advantage of our expertise as needed, when you need it.
Let's work together.
When you need to get things done, let’s work together. We solve complex problems and can help with whatever you need, from building a website to moving a server—no relationship is required.
Outsourced IT solutions for startups and SMBs
We're not your typical IT company. ProActive Technology Group is a one-stop shop for on-demand IT services that bring you the expertise you need without the commitment or high overhead of an ongoing relationship. We specialize in services for startups and SMBs to address any challenge, from basic troubleshooting to custom development.
Let's set up a call
Do you have a project in mind? Let's hop on a call and discuss your next project and get the ball rolling.
Microsoft to retire SharePoint Workflow 2013 by 2026
Microsoft recently confirmed its plans to retire SharePoint 2013 Workflow in Microsoft 365 by 2026. The company had previously retired SharePoint 2010 Workflow in November 2020
FAQs regarding Pro Services
Managed IT refers to the practice of outsourcing the responsibility for maintaining and anticipating the need for, a range of IT processes and functions in order to improve operations and cut expenses. Managed IT service providers (MSPs) provide a range of offerings, including IT infrastructure management, cybersecurity, data center management, and cloud solutions.
Professional IT services, on the other hand, refer to individual offerings that are provided, such as consulting, design, implementation, and support, to help organizations with specific IT tasks or projects. Technology firms provide specialized expertise to help clients with specific IT challenges or projects, such as designing and implementing a new IT system or solving a particular IT issue.
To summarize, managed IT involves the ongoing maintenance and support of a company's IT infrastructure and systems, while professional IT services focus on providing specialized expertise or consulting for a specific IT project or issue.
Pro Services can be beneficial for businesses of all sizes and industries. Some businesses that may particularly benefit from Pro Services include:
- Small and medium-sized businesses: Small and medium-sized businesses may not have the resources or expertise to manage their IT infrastructure and may benefit from the expertise and support of a Pro Services team.
- Businesses with complex IT environments: Businesses with complex IT environments, such as those with multiple locations or a large number of users, may benefit from the support and guidance of an outside pro services vendor to help them manage their infrastructure and ensure that it is operating effectively.
- Businesses in regulated industries: Businesses in regulated industries, such as healthcare and finance, may have specific compliance requirements related to their IT infrastructure and may benefit from outside help them meet those requirements.
- Businesses with limited IT staff.
This can encompass a wide range of options that support businesses in managing and optimizing their IT infrastructure. Some examples that may fall under the umbrella include:
- Managed IT: Managed IT involves outsourcing the management and maintenance of an organization's IT infrastructure to a third-party provider. This can include monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software.
- The Cloud: Storing data and running applications in the cloud, rather than on local servers. This can include cloud storage, cloud computing, and cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Network design and implementation: Design and implementation of an organization's network infrastructure, including the selection and configuration of hardware and software.
- Security: Cybersecurity consulting, penetration testing, and data protection.
- IT Consulting: Assist in optimizing network infrastructure and processes, and identify and address any issues or inefficiencies.